Making a world of difference.
Dear Annual Federation Campaign Contributor,
The mission of the JCCS (the Federation and JCC), as written in the bylaws, is; “Ensuring, enhancing and promoting Jewish life locally, in Israel and throughout the world.”
“The mission of the Thriving Jewish Community (TJC) initiative is to enable the Eastern Fairfield County Jewish community to create a collective vision for our future and facilitate the transformation of that vision into reality.”
On February 28, 2012, the Board of Directors of the JCCS unanimously accepted the full 34 page report of the TJC as a guidepost for planning (see www.tjcinitiative.org for a copy of the full report). Our Annual UJA/Federation Campaign provides the resources needed to support our current programs and implement the TJC vision for the future.
Using a three year average, your Federation Campaign dollars have annually supported:
- Merkaz (the Hebrew High School for our 4 major synagogues) = $60,000
- Young Israeli Emissaries (who engage with all synagogues & organizations) = $50,000
- Afula, Israel, our Partnership City thru the Jewish Agency = $60,000
- Birthright Israel = $6,000
- Ezra Academy = $12,000
- Bi-Cultural Day School = $10,000
- Community Relations including Holocaust programs, Community Closet, etc.) = $45,000
- Bureau of Jewish Education = $18,000
- JCC Programs = $74,000
- Jewish Home for the Elderly = $7,000
- Jewish Family Service = $35,000
- Talmudic Institute = $6,000
- Chabad of Fairfield = $2,000
- Jewish High School of CT = $5,000
- BBYO, UConn Hillel, Kesher, Mikvah, ADL, Bennett Center, JFNA = $31,000
- Thriving Jewish Community Initiative per year over 4 years = $14,000
In the next three months, with input from a broad range of Jewish community representatives, the Planning Committee of the Federation/JCC Board will focus on the new Jewish Home/JCC/Federation campus building and the facilities to support the new vision of services for our community. Within three years, our community will have a new, state of the art, campus facility housing programs that support services to infants thru seniors, enabling us to engage in the process of building a truly thriving Jewish community.
As an annual contributor to our Campaign, we know you understand the historic need to support the programs of our community. Now more than ever your help is needed! Without your help and your dollars the bridge to an exciting future is neither constructed nor crossed. If you have not already done so, please make your pledge to our 2013 Annual UJA/Federation Campaign today. Your support makes all the difference. Visit www.jccs.org to pledge/pay on line, or call 203-372-6567 x175 for more information.
Cheryl Green, Chair
UJA/Federation Annual Campaign
Ways to Give to the
Donate Online – Click Here to Make a Secure Online Donation today.
Pledge Now -Click Here to Make a Pledge to the 2013 UJA/Federation Annual Campaign Payable Throughout the Year by June 2013.
Donate By Phone – Contact Linda Epstein at (203) 372-6567 ext. 175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate By Mail – Mail Contributions to UJA – Federation, C/O Linda Epstein, 4200 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604
Live Generously. It Does a World of Good.